Monday, November 19, 2007

How to find lost things!

In my endless rambles across the web I came across this cute little reference from a "findologist" calling himself Professor Solomon (well it seems he was featured on Good Morning America...!??!).
Funnily enough what he writes is in accord with my personal findings. Although I must confess to some digressions:
First - as a rule of thumb if I don't find something after three minutes of thought I turn to my wife!!! If you follow that rule (which I am sure many people are familiar with) it will lead to success 8 out of 10 times. Its a gender thing, women are just better at multitasking and usually more thorough - so they perform better at this kind of hyper threaded thought process that also requires meticulous execution.
Another technique that I use is Reverse Stream of Consciousness where I sort of meditate and try to reverse my actions and/or sayings in time. In doing that I usually am aided by both visualization (i.e. - close my eyes and see it) and strong use of exact phrase or word contexts (e.g. - I ask the person who is was talking to to repeat the exact phrase they said to me and that usually evokes similar memories or thoughts)


MC

No comments: